Today’s Links (08/10/08)
- The BBC can be an open source for all of UK plc | Media | The Guardian
‘In the corporate world, Facebook, Apple and Google have launched platform services that allow external developers and companies to build services using their code - but the BBC is uniquely placed to use those same principles to create a cultural and commercial resource for the nation.’
- Building a Custom Lifestream Website with Sweetcron - NETTUTS
- SweetCron Themes - Free & Quality Themes for SweetCron
Well, only one so far.
- Give Me Something To Read
‘Need something to read? Enjoy these selections from among the most frequently bookmarked articles on Instapaper.’
- patrickrhone / journal ÃÂ» Blog Archive ÃÂ» Design Decisions: patrickrhone.com 2.0
I’ve been linking to excellent examples of minimal weblog design like this for months, but still can’t get the (even more) minimal Submit Response looking right. (Partly because I’ve sort of forgotten all the CSS I knew, which rather slows things down).
- OiNK Admin Charged With Conspiracy to Defraud | TorrentFreak
‘Interestingly, the charges against Ellis are not related to copyright offenses. Instead, he has been charged with ‘conspiracy to defraud”. That seems a bit odd.
- Editra.org | News
‘Editra is a multi-platform text editor with an implementation that focuses on creating an easy to use interface and features that aid in code development.’