Submit Response is a weblog by Jack Mottram, a journalist who lives in Glasgow, Scotland. There are 1308
posts in the archives. You can subscribe to a feed.
This post was made on and belongs in the links category. The previous post was Today’s Links (15/05/08), and the next post is Today’s Links (05/06/08).
Today’s Links (20/05/08)
- There’s No Such Word As Firstly
Weblog by Catherine Weir, one of the best graduates of Dundee’s Time Based Art programme this year.
- The Fall of Gallerist Larry Salander — New York Magazine
"Why is an El Greco worth less than a Koons? Gallerist Larry Salander called it a moral travesty, and decided, catastrophically, to do something about it."
- The Symbols on My Flag (And What They Mean): newyorker.com
- Typotheque: Eric Gill got it wrong; a re-evaluation of Gill Sans by Ben Archer
- k-punk: The Place I Made The Purchase No Longer Exists
- MSI Wind review: Te enamorarás! Yes, it’s an Eee-killer - Boing Boing Gadgets
Not it’s not: at 10", it’s much too big. Though I wouldn’t mind if the Eee could claim 7hrs battery life.
- Artes Mundi - Home Page
Off to Cardiff to see the show soon.
- Shirley Clarke: A retrospective - News - Edinburgh International Film Festival
Really looking forward to this bit of the EIFF. (Note to EIFF web designers: make your video embeddable. What is this, 2005?)
- Spillers Records, Cardiff - The Oldest Record Shop In The World.
Will have to pop in here when I’m in Cardiff next week.
Cheryl Field’s website - she makes kinetic sculpture.
A utility that lets you enter iCal todos via a window that pops up when you hit a hotkey. Free.
- J. G. Ballard - A Collector’s Guide
- Ambit Magazine
- Ironic Sans: Eyeglasses and the pushing up thereof
I use Method #3.
- Eye of the Goof: The Psychotronic Guide to Archive.org
Cult cinema on Archive.org
- Amazon Kindle Review
- Favrd. Trickle-down egonomics for the twitter attention sp…
- Literature and Latte - Scrivener
Fancy word processor thing. I have no need for 99% of its features, but I’m still tempted, because you can set a target word count.
- Firefox web browser | International versions: Get Firefox in your language
Crikey Moses, Firefox 3 RC1 is ace on the Eee PC.
- Remember everything. | Evernote Corporation
This would seem to be a bloody remarkable application. The facility for text searching images is particularly cool (business cards/wine labels/handwritten notes snapped with a webcam all worked well for me). At last, computers can fix my fried memory!